初中英语七年级下册课件：Module9 Unit3 Language in use
Language in use
To learn the past tense of irregular verbs
【本单元例句】 He left school and began work at the age of 12. But he took the name Mark Twain and became very famous in the 1860s. He wrote 38 plays. In 1599 the company built the Globe Theatre.
经过前面的学*，我们知道大多数动 词的过去式的变化规律为：“动词原型 +ed”但是在英语中不符合上述变化规律 的动词也很多，它们有其特殊的变化形式。 这种动词称为不规则动词。这种动词的变 化没有规律，而要靠同学们单独记忆。下 面将常见的不规则动词的过去式总结如下：
1. 不变： cost-cost; hurt-hurt; put-put let-let; read-read
2. 只变一个元音字母： come-came; become-became; begin-began drink-drank; give-gave; ring-rang sing-sang; swim-swam; sit-sat; win-won throw-threw; know-knew; draw-drew drive-drove; ride-rode; write-wrote get-got; forget-forgot; run-ran; fall-fell
3．只变一个辅音字母： build-built; has / have-had lend-lent; lose-lost make-made; send-sent spend-spent 增加一个辅音字母： hear-heard; burn-burnt; learn-learnt; mean-meant
4． 改变两个元音字母： break-broke; speak-spoke; choose-chose; feed-fed; meet-met; feel-felt; sweep-swept; wear-wore; lie-lay; say-said; see-saw
5．过去式含有ought / aught： buy-bought; bring-brought fight-fought; think-thought catch-caught; teach-taught
6．情态动词： can-could; shall-should; will-would; may-might
7．原形中有-ell: sell-sold; tell-told; smell-smelt 8．其他: be-was/were; do-did; find-found fly-flew; go-went; leave-left stand-stood; understand-understood
be — was/were leave — left
buy— bought meet — met
come — came read — read
see — saw
have — had
swim — swam
write —wrote take — took
构成 主语+V过去式 Did+主语+ V原形
例句 I visited Beijing Did you visit last summer. Beijing last summer?
行为动词的一般过去时的一般疑问句 是借助于did来完成的，其回答也是如 此。例如：
— Did you watch television last night? 你昨晚看电视了吗？
— Yes, I did. 是的，我看了。 No, I didn’t. 不，我没看。
行为动词的一般过去时变一般疑问句 时，有三个要点： 一、 句首加did，动词还原。 二、 将句中的第一人称变为第二人称。 三、 some变 any；already 变yet。
动词一般过去时,表示过去发生的事; be用was或用were, have,has变had; 谓语动词过去式，过去时间坐标志; 一般动词加-ed， 若是特殊得硬记。 否定句很简单，主语之后didn’t添; 疑问句也不难，did放在主语前; 如果谓语之前有did,谓语动词需还原; 动词若是was,were,否定就把not添。
According to the example, rewrite the sentences.
We arrived in Shanghai last month.
We didn’t arrive in Shanghai last month. Did you arrive in Shanghai last month? Yes, we did. / No, we didn’t.
1. He returned home from Beijing last Wednesday.
He didn’t return home from Beijing last Wednesday. Did he return home from Beijing last Wednesday? Yes, he did. / No, he didn’t.
2. Her uncle moved to London at
the age of thirty.
Her uncle didn’t move to London at the age of thirty.
Did her uncle move to London at the age of thirty?
Yes, he did. / No, he didn’t.
1. Complete the sentences about Betty’s Life. 1 Betty w__a_s_b_o_r_n_ (be born) in Quincy. 2 She_w__e_n_t (go) to John Adams Primary
School. 3 She _w__a_s_ (be) happy in Quincy. 4 She__h_a_s__ (have) lots of friends there. 5 She _c_o_m__e_s_ (come) to China in 2008.
2. Complete the sentences with the
correct form of the words.
When my father was young, he (1) _d__id_n_’_t_ _h__a_v_e (not have) much money. He (2) __b_e_g_a_n_ (begin) work at eight o’clock and (3) _l_e_ft___ (leave) at five. When he (4) _g_o_t_ (get) home, he always (5)__r_e_a_d_ (read) a book. In the evening he (6)_w__e_n_t_(go) to the park and (7) _h_a_d_ (have) a good time.
3 Complete the conversation with the correct form of the words from the box. You can use the words twice.
begin do get leave
Tony: What time did you (1) __le_a_v_e_ school every day when you were a boy?
Tony’s dad: I(2) _l_e_f_t at about five o’clock, I think.
Tony: And what time did you (3) __g_e_t__ home?
Tony’s dad: Oh, I (4) __g_o_t_ home about half an hour after that, at half past five.
Tony: Did you (7) _b_e_g_i_n_ to play football when you were at school?
Tony’s Dad: No, I (8) __d_i_d___ after you were born.
4 Complete the passage with correct form of the words from the box.
become go join leave start work
Deng Yaping was bon in 1973 in Zhengzhou, China. She (1) _s_ta_r_t_e_d_ playing table tennis at five. She was only 15 when she won her first match for China. She (2) j_o_i_n_e_d
The National Team in 1988. Deng won Olympic gold four times and she (3) _b_e_ca_m__e__ famous all over world. At the age of 24, Deng Yaping (4) _l_e_ft_ the National Team and became a student. She (5) _w_o_r_k_e_d__very hard. She then (6) _w_e_n_t_ to England and studied there.
5 Find about your parents’ or grandparents’ lives when they were young.
Where did you leave? What did you often watch? What games did you play? When did you get married? How did you travel?
1. Our family _______ Shanghai last
B. went to
2. Did you _______ in the summer?
A. go B. go to C. go away
3. The girl and the young man ___
A. married B. married with
C. married to
4. I ____ a mistake. Please don’t be
angry with me.
C. will make D. had made
5. — Did you have a computer in 2000? — _____________ A. Yes, we did. B. No, we don’t. C. Yes, I do.
6. — Do you have a car? — Yes, I do. But I ________ have one last year. A. didn’t B. don’t C. not
7. — How was your day off ?
— Pretty good ! I ______ the science
museum with my classmates.
C. am visiting D. will visit
8. There _______ a big cake and many
candies at the party yesterday.
A. was B. were C. is D. are
III. 将下列句子分别变成否定句和 一般疑问句，并作出肯定回答。
1. She finished her homework yesterday.
_S_h_e__d_id_n_’_t_f_in__is_h__h_e_r_h_o_m__e_w_o_r_k_y_e_s_t_e_r_d_ay. _D_i_d_s_h_e_f_i_n_is_h__h_e_r_h_o_m__e_w_o_r_k__y_e_st_e_r_d_a_y_?_ _Y_e_s_,__sh_e__d_i_d_. _______________________
2. We visited our teacher last night. W__e__d_id__n_’t_v_i_s_it__o_u_r_t_e_a_ch__er__la_s_t_n_i_g_h_t_. D__id__y_o_u__v_is_i_t _o_u_r_t_e_a_c_h_e_r_l_a_st_n__ig_h_t_?__ Y__e_s,_w__e_d_i_d_.______________________
3. She walked to school last term. _S_h_e_d__id_n_’_t_w__a_lk__to__s_c_h_o_o_l _la_s_t_t_e_r_m_._ _D_i_d_s_h_e__w_a_l_k_t_o__sc_h_o_o_l_l_a_s_t _t_er_m__?___ _Y_e_s_, _s_h_e_d_i_d_. ___________________
4. There was some water in the cup. _T_h_e_r_e_w__a_s_a_n_y__w_a_t_e_r_i_n_t_h_e_c_u_p_.__ _W__a_s_t_h_e_r_e_a_n_y__w_a_t_e_r_i_n_t_h_e_c_u_p__?_ _Y__es_,_t_h_e_r_e_w__a_s.________________
finish; be born; live; marry; study My grandfatherw__a_s_b_o_r_nin a small village. When he was a child, he went a very long way_t_o__st_u_d_y_ because there was no school in his village. In 1949, he _f_in__is_h_e_d_ high school and started to work in a factory. He _m__a_r_r_ie_d__in 1959. He and my grandma ___li_v_e_d__a happy life when they were alive (在世的).
Write a passage about yourself when you were young.